This weekend’s Indoor Championships kicks off with the Uneven Age Relays, Shot Putt (Boys U15 to U19), Triple Jump (Girls & Boys U18/19) and Pole Vault (Girls & Boys U15 to U19). Click here for Friday’s event order. Kindly note the U19 Relays are the first event at 7pm. Athletes should be at the stadium by 6pm, to allow check-in and warm up.
On arrival at the stadium each athlete must check-in with DSD to receive your entry number. If you are competing more than one day this weekend, please hold on to your number for the other days. Remember it’s one number for all events! No number could mean you will not be allowed to enter an event!
Athletes are reminded to be in the stadium at least one hour before your first event. Event times are approximate and can change without notice. If the schedule is a head of time, your event could be called up to 45 minutes earlier than the scheduled time. (Click here for Saturday & Sunday Event Schedule). In case you have forgotten which events you entered, click here to view the individual entries.
There is an Adult entry charge of €5 per day or €10 for a weekend pass. I think they only accept cash.
A few tips and housekeeping rules for an enjoyable competition:
· If wearing spikes, please ensure they are clean and fitted with 5mm spike inserts.
· Club Singlets must be worn, a limited stock will be available over the weekend. Please note this is the final time singlets will be on sale at a competition. For future reference singlets will need to be ordered through the club office, email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
· The stadium can get warm, ideally athletes should wear layers to ensure they don’t get too hot when competing.
· Bring food and water, as delays can happen.
· Support your club, please don’t rush off when your child’s event is finished. Cheer on your club mates.
· Please respect all coaches and officials, they are volunteers.
· Any disputed results should be directed through me or one of our coaches.
· Personal videos are not acceptable when challenging a disputed result.
· No photo’s or video taking allowed in the competition area.
Thank you to everyone that has volunteered over the Championships, without your help these competitions would not happen. Here is a list of the volunteers for Friday(Day 2), Saturday(Day 3) and Sunday(Day 4). Please be there early and check in with the Dublin officials to be assigned your duties. When signing in with the officials, please state that you’re with DSD.