The 2019 National Finals for the U9 – U11 Team & Relay Championships took place last Saturday, 29th June, in Tullamore. The following are the DSD U9 – U11 Teams (pairs) who took part:
· Girls U9 – Long Jump: Anna O’Kennedy & Roisin Hickey
· Girls U10 – 60m: Siofra Fitzmaurice & Anna Kellegher
· Girls U10 – Turbo Javelin: Evie Keeling & Anna Kellagher
· Boys U9 – 60m & 300m: Harry Ellis & Patrick Hosey
· Boys U10 – 500m: Oran O’Sullivan & Max Gormley
· Boys U10 – Turbo Jav: Conn McCluskey & Max Gormley
· Boys U11 – Long Jump: Kevin Randell & Cathal Phelan
Well done to everyone, medals were just out of their reach, but came away with big smiles. For many it was their first experience of an All Ireland championship and I’m sure it won’t be their last. A great effort by all, you did DSD and yourselves proud.
Also competing in the U12 Girls High Jump Alice Sinclair with a jump of 1.10m. Congratulations to Johnny Ellis U12 boys High Jump who secured his first All Ireland Bronze medal with a jump of 1.30m. In the U12 Boys 600m Adam Mulqueen had a terrific performance finishing 4th just missing out on a medal by 0.05 seconds. Well done Johnny, Adam and Alice!
Thanks to Avril O’Kennedy & other parents for the photos.