Next up we have high jumper Grace O’Rourke. Grace has been an incredible team member in our National League and cross teams over the years.
<img src="http://goodcowebprojects.com/aspire/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/94182875_10157443425830292_7745575812954324992_n.jpg" alt="94182875_10157443425830292_7745575812954324992_n.jpg" />
1. When and why did you join DSD AC?
I joined in 2001 because I entered the High Jump for the Schools and I won so I thought I should get some coaching!
2. What was your best event and what event did you like best
High Jump. I did also enjoy a bit of XC
3. What is your favourite training workout?
I love a session that gets the lactic going! split 400’s maybe and Hills
4. And your least favourite?
I hate doing core.
5. What is your most cherished or proudest moment in your athletics career?
ah when i jumped my pb 1.75 🙂 in Athlone
6. What is your most loved athletics sporting moment of all time ?
When we can 3rd in the European Club Champs in Portugal. That was lovely!
7. What is your favourite race / athletics meet to take part in?
The league final was always good craic in Tullamore
8. What was your worst injury – and how did you get over it?
I had none – thank god!!
9. What do you eat before a race and how long before do you eat?
I usually ate porridge or eggs and toast
10. If you could have dinner with 3 sporting personalities past or present who would you pick ?
Shane Lowry seems like good craic & Serena Williams because she is some woman
11. What is your next running / athletics goal?
None I’m retired
12. How are you motivating yourself to continue training at these difficult times?
I eat too much chocolate not to be motivated!
13. What piece of advice would you give an aspiring athlete?
Run your own race – I cheated this is Mr Kids advice but its the best!
14. Do you have any memorable or funny story from DSD that you could share?
No I was a very serious athlete
15. Can you share an old picture from your running days